The Rubik's Cube: Remastered — Based on the iconic Rubik's Cube, and inspired by tile-matching games, Rubix is an engaging puzzle game for mobile that strives for an easygoing, yet immersive gameplay that will keep you HOOKED! The goal of the game: match each cube with its platform. Sounds easy, right? Here's the catch: you can only switch the color of 3 neighboring cubes at a time. Might sound like a trivial problem, but you'd be amazed! Over 1,000 levels vary from 2 to 4 colors for the cubes to cycle through, increasing their difficulty further! Rubix also includes 5 different special cubes that introduce challenging new gameplay mechanics. Don’t forget to complete 60+ achievements (with hilarious pop culture references!). TRY IT OUT NOW, PLAY THE DEMO! rubixgame.com/demo
In the summer of 2017, Rubix started out as a totally different project. Initially formed by a group of game dev newbies from Mexico City, our aspirations were big and broad: we wanted to create the next big thing for the mobile gaming community. But by the time universities resumed, our ambitions faced reality: we had set sail on a big endeavor and we couldn't do this by ourselves. Luckily around this time, a German company named BusyBytes took interest in our project and decided to support us with its development. Once we got some people to play our initial versions, we faced a bigger problem: our original gameplay mechanic was too hard to play and our testers didn't understand it. One by one quit, and from the original group of developers, only one remained: the visual artist, Santiago Degetau. He took over the task, learned to code, and after many mistakes, proofs of concept, design iterations, and tons of help from BusyBytes, the game was completed. From a summer amateur project, Rubix turned into a world-class mobile experience for iOS and Android. On June 19th, 2020, Rubix was released on the App Store and Play Store.
- Over 1,000 mind-bending levels
- Five special cubes, with challenging mechanics
- More than 60 cheeky achievements
- No active internet connection necessary
- Clean, beautiful graphics
- In-game level editor
- Test & vote levels created by other players
- Localized in English, Spanish & German (more coming soon!)
- Rubix is a premium game with no ads or in-app purchases
Rubix: The Rubik's Cube Remastered — YouTube
Logo & Icon
Rubix is a beautifully presented puzzler that's based around its namesake the Rubik's Cube. Players have to match the colour of the cubes to the base they're perched upon, which is not as easy as it soundsApp Army, pocketgamer.com
Rubix is a challenging puzzle for iPhone and iPad. The name of the app already suggests that the game was inspired by the Rubik's cube of the similar name, but the developers also use elements from tile-matching gamesiPhone-Ticker, iphone-ticker.de
All sorts of puzzles and stimulation of the gray matter is definitely provided - similar to the Rubik's Cube, which served as inspiration for this game. Long-term motivation is not neglected either: more than 1,000 levels and over 60 funny achievements await the playerAppGefahren, appgefahren.de
It can get surprisingly tricky, and I rather like the idea a lot. New mechanics are added, such as frozen cubes and cubes that make you choose four instead of threeAppUnwrapper, appunwrapper.com
- Play demo
- Want to try out the game before purchasing? Not a problem! You can play the demo in the browser now! rubixgame.com.
- Try it out on the Play Store
- If you are on Android, you can test the game for free following this link: play.google.com.
- Stay up to date
- Follow us on Instagram to stay up to date with upcoming special cubes, new levels, achievements and so on! instagram.com.
- Welcome to our press kit! BusyBytes GmbH is a young and innovative development team based in Lörrach, Germany. We develop games, apps & websites. Founded in 2016 by Eric Birgel and Jörg Siegel, BusyBytes has over five different apps and games across the App Store and Play Store.
- More information
- More information on BusyBytes, our logo & relevant media are available here.